All children at Shawley are expected to wear our school uniform which is both simple and inexpensive. We believe this shared identity helps children to work together for a common goal and to develop a sense of pride in being a member of the school community. Please mark all items of clothing with your child's name.
All children should wear:
- Shawley Community Primary School sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece
- Grey long trousers for boys*
- Grey skirt, pinafore dress or trousers for girls*
- White polo shirt, plain or with the school logo
- Black sensible school shoes (trainers and boots should not be worn for school)
- Grey socks (boys)
- White socks or grey tights for girls
- Children in Reception classes only may wear grey jogging bottoms instead of trousers, skirt or pinafore
* In Summer, shorts can be worn instead of trousers and girls can wear a blue and white gingham dress.
On PE days, children should wear their PE kit to school and stay in their PE kit all day.
- Royal blue PE shorts
- Pale blue ‘T’ shirt with logo
- Royal blue PE hoodie/jumper/cardigan
- Jogging bottoms/leggings (in cooler weather). These should be either the royal blue ones available from our uniform supplier or a plain dark colour (black, navy or dark grey)
- Plimsolls – for games lessons at Key Stage 1
- Trainers/football boots – for games lessons at Key Stage 2
- Children in Years 3-6 will need a swimming costume and towel for when their class goes swimming.
All shoulder length/long hair must be tied back using a plain black, white or blue hair band or scrunchie. No other hair accessories should be worn. Boys hair should not be shaved below grade 3 and we request that patterns are not shaved into the head as this is inappropriate for school.
Children should not wear jewellery to school. If children must wear earrings because their ears are recently pierced, then a small pair of plain studs may be worn. Children will not be allowed to take part in any physical education lessons if they are wearing earrings of any kind in line with the Surrey County Council regulations.
No make-up of any kind, including nail varnish, should be worn to school. If your child needs to wear any kind of lip balm or salve, this should be plain rather than tinted or coloured.
Shawley Fundraisers: Pre-Loved Uniform
Shawley Fundraisers has set up a second hand uniform sale.
If you are in need of any uniform, pease email them at
One of the team will check the stock and get back to you.